WORK WITH US
August 2018 – Austin, TX
Named a Best Company to Work For in Texas in for the past 4 years, Praxent is a full-service digital consultancy that values people and interactions over processes and tools.
We work closely with our customers to brainstorm, develop, and deliver creative software solutions. At Praxent, you will enjoy the freedom to do the work you love while working in a casual environment with people who genuinely care about the quality and impact of their work. Praxent is family-friendly with virtually no travel, flexible scheduling, and occasional telecommuting.
We partner with growing companies to unlock the dormant potential within their organizations through technology, delivered reliably with exemplary service and support.
You are responsible for driving success by articulating it. Through your expert work in defining, challenging, and negotiating scope, budget, and timeline, our teams and our clients collaborate more productively. Because of you, we can consistently and predictably produce transformative technology for our customers.
“Customers will never love a company
until the employees love it first.”
– Simon Sinek
The Ideal Candidate
- To call you ‘well-organized’ would be to grossly oversimplify your abilities.
- You are energized by transforming high-level and ambitious strategic goals into measurable tasks and incremental milestones.
- You dispel ambiguity. You shepherd teams through complex and nuanced strategies by deploying consistent and predictable project plans.
- You are proactive, detail oriented, consistent and confident, with a robust suite of communication tools and techniques to drive accountability and collaboration.
- You are a project management “geek” who gets excited to share what you know, in an unbiased, productive manner.
- You are a clear communicator and storyteller, who enjoys the challenge of finding the best solution to wicked problems.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you, respecting that big changes take time.
- Technical mastery – 3+ years experience in software development life cycle project management.
- Service attitude – Always places clients first, showing genuine concern for their success and satisfaction.
- Organization & planning – Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments – Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
- High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Proactivity – Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company and clients.
- Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Fostering Teamwork – As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Deliver project plans that outline scope, budget, and timeline within constraints.
- Drive success by ensuring acceptance criteria and project objectives are consistently defined and congruent with project constraints.
- Proactively identify, communicate, mitigate, and resolve risks and dependencies of all types.
- Create and enforce communication norms and rituals that drive collaboration and accountability.
- Deliver friendly, proactive and dependable client service.
- Contribute to elevating Praxent’s processes and delivery model.
- Influence the best practices and growth of the project and product team.
Who Should Apply
- 3+ Years working in SDLC project management, preferably within professional services
- Expertise in developing project plans that clearly define and resolve risks, milestones, status, deliverables, accountabilities, etc.
- Expertise in Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding of business concepts and cognizance of technical frameworks
- Knowledge and familiarity working in web-based technology
- Experience identifying, writing and performing user acceptance testing
- Ability to create detailed user stories developers can use to develop software solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Company benefits include: paid time off (vacation, public holidays & sick leave), health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, parental leave, company-wide professional development fund, IRA with company match, weekly catered lunch, flexible scheduling, occasional telecommuting and a casual work environment.
Think you might be the perfect fit?
Praxent was founded 18 years ago and our leadership team has a collective 39 years of experience.
We love our clients and our team and we plan to grow responsibly so that we can continue doing good work with great people.
Founder + CEO
Having founded Praxent over sixteen years ago, Tim is actively involved in the strategy and operation of the firm with a passion for perfecting the process of software development and building a world-class culture. With degrees in MIS and Economics from UT Austin, Tim has extensive experience with enterprise IT and business management.
With more than twenty-three years of experience delivering business software solutions for more than 150 organizations, Kevin is responsible for the delivery of our innovative web and mobile-based software solutions. He provides strategic and technical oversight to all client engagements to ensure we develop quality products and deliver exemplary client experiences.
Curious about our team?
We host a weekly team huddle grounded in transparency and communication: we give financial and recruiting updates, share both the wins and struggles of current projects, unite around quarterly themes, and “cheers” individuals for their accomplishments.
We believe “fun” and “work” can be synonymous… team members venture out for Burger Friday, we relax at Praxent Socials, family members join quarterly celebrations, and we shut out the world to flex our creative muscles at hackathons.