Join our humbly awesome team
We are an award-winning company that designs and builds strategic software tools for service-based companies. Are you a motivated, humble, and smart person who knows how to gets things done? Let’s talk.
How we work
We work in small agile teams who have the freedom to improve and create big things. Your success is measured by the success you create for the client.
We partner directly with our clients and get to know their business and pain points before architecting a solution. You will be “client facing” in various capacities throughout a project.
At Praxent, colleagues are more than coworkers. They are teachers, mentors, public speakers and lifelong students. Praxent’s culture is built upon recognizing the knowledge and vision of each team member. We interact regularly to share ideas big and small, recount lessons learned and keep each other on our toes.
- Flexible hours / telecommuting for work/life balance
- Health insurance and dental insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO/HSA)
- Company paid Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Retirement plan with company matching (SIMPLE IRA)
- 26 days Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- New MacBook Pro for each new hire
- Easy access to the Barton Creek Greenbelt + showers in the building
- We practice Agile with Scrum
- Growing team of 30+ full-time employees
- Established in 2000
- Offices in Austin, TX
- Free parking
SOME FAST PRAXENT FACTS
projects delivered during
our 19 years of existence
4.9 out of 5 stars
2 Hackathons a year
to enhance our skills
Voted the top custom software development firm nationwide in 2018
Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Texas four times in the past four years
We’re looking for developers with a successful track record of consulting with all kinds of clients.
You should be comfortable in any layer of the technology stack and have the confidence to advise clients on how to leverage technology to meet their business goals. We hire developers because of their potential and whether or not they are a cultural fit in addition to their technical proficiency. We are looking for engineers who want to take responsibility, deliver results, and make a difference.
- Rely on Agile with Scrum for software project success
- Have experience leading a team to build large web applications
- Have experience setting up environments for web applications
Get to know our current favorite technologies:
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB,
- PHP (Symfony, Drupal),
- NodeJS (Express/Sails and Socket.io)
- React, React-Native, Angular.js, EmberJS
- iOS, Android
- SASS, Foundation, Bootstrap, Responsive Design
Tools + Services
- Git, TravisCI, Docker
- Paas / Iaas (Heroku, Platform.sh, AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean)
- Gulp, Grunt
- Linux, MacOSX