We’re looking for developers who have a successful track record of consulting with all kinds of clients.
You should be comfortable in any layer of the technology stack and have the confidence to advise clients on how to leverage technology to meet their business goals. We hire developers because of their potential and whether or not they are a cultural fit in addition to their technical proficiency. We are looking for engineers who want to take responsibility, deliver results and make a difference.
Currently, our teams favor the following technologies:
- MySQL, MongoDB
- PHP (Symfony2, Drupal), NodeJS (Express/Sails and Socket.io)
- React, Angular.js, EmberJS, BackboneJS
- SASS, Foundation, responsive design
Tools + Services
- Git, TravisCI, Wercker
- PaaS / IaaS (Heroku, Platform.sh, OpenShift, AWS, Digital Ocean)
- Rely on Agile with Scrum for software project success
- Build applications with PHP (Symfony2, Drupal) or EmberJS, AngularJS, NodeJS
- Have experience leading a team to build large web applications
- Have experience setting up environments for web applications
A developer’s life at Praxent
Some of the things you will do
Work with leaders
Work directly with product owners & stakeholders to identify business pains and architect the needed solutions
Collaborate with developers who practice Agile Scrum
Choose best-in-class open source technologies
Be part of the team
Help the team write high quality, testable and maintainable code
How we work
We work in small Scrum teams who have the freedom to improve and create big things. Your success is measured on the quality of each sprint’s outcome.
We know that “slow is fast” when it comes to delivering quality: code reviews, automated testing and continuous integration are essential to our development process.
We partner directly with our clients and get to know their business and pain points before architecting a solution. You will be “client facing” in various capacities throughout a project. At Praxent, colleagues are more than coworkers. They are teachers, mentors, public speakers and lifelong students. Praxent’s culture is built upon recognizing the knowledge and vision of each team member. We interact regularly to share ideas big and small, recount lessons learned and keep each other on our toes.
- Flexible hours / telecommuting for work/life balance
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO/HSA)
- Retirement plan with company matching (SIMPLE IRA)
- 24 days Paid Time Off
- New MacBook Pro for each new hire
- On-site fitness center w/ locker rooms
- We practice Agile with Scrum
- Growing team of 20 full-time employees (11 Devs, 4 UX, 2 PM)
- Established in 2000
- Offices in Austin, TX
- Free parking