Now Hiring: Product Designer (Remote, Latin America)
Who you’ll work with:
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about our upcoming opportunity! We’re excited to share as much information as we can to help ensure mutual fit and mutual trust…
We’re here to offer you a different kind of workday. A day where you can tackle new and exciting problems every time you walk into the office. A day where you don’t have to walk into the office at all. A day where you can work at home or at your favorite coffee shop or in the middle of a snowstorm. As long as you’re bringing your bright ideas, and bringing those ideas to life, we want to work with you. Wherever you are.
Want to learn more about our award-winning culture?
Working at Praxent, Remote Culture
About the role:
Praxent is a digital product agency that designs and builds software for financial service companies. Through our work we help people prepare for retirement, apply for small business loans, create financial plans, make and share smart investments, and a whole lot more.
As we grow, one of our biggest challenges (that we need your help with) is delivering design on a variety of projects in two different phases—design and development. The first phase of our design engagements are often our clients’ first experience with us, and we need to set the bar high. The second phase is when we collaborate heavily with engineering to ship a final product. You’ll be critical for both phases, and your work requires the right blend of collaboration, passion for finance/fintech, attention to detail, curiosity, and of course top notch UX and UI design.
Your day to day:
As a product designer, you’ll be working on two to three projects at a time. You’ll be responsible for participating in design thinking workshops with clients, considering business requirements, creating primary UX artifacts (maps, flows, wireframes), extending the design for the user interfaces, and stitching it all together in a prototype. A typical project team includes a senior product designer, a product designer (you), a project manager, and an account manager. You’ll work closely together with the development team to deliver great design each week, and to ensure technical feasibility so that our clients and their customers have a stellar experience with us and our products.
What you’ll love about us:
Will you get decent compensation? Yes! We offer competitive salaries along with the following:
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than 40 hours a week.
- Remote first. We’re all fully remote.
- Rest and relaxation. You receive your country’s holidays off along with 12 days of PTO after working with us for 90 days.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be, not to micromanage you.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- You’re more than an employee. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
How We’ll Ensure Mutual Fit
So that you can be confident in a great, mutual fit… here are the steps that take place in our interview process.
STEP 1 – INTRODUCTIONS
Along with your resume and portfolio, tell us about the project you’re most proud of that you led for a client. What made the project so great?
STEP 1 – RECRUITING CONSULT
Meet with our recruiting team to discuss the role, your interests, your skills, and your potential success (20 minutes, virtual)
STEP 3 – PORTFOLIO REVIEW
Present your best project(s) that you’ve led for clients. We want all the gritty details. (60-90 minutes, virtual)
STEP 4 – FOCUSED INTERVIEW
A final conversation with the team that you’ll be working with to establish mutual trust and ensure a mutual fit, Share stories of your past work and how you approach design. (60-90 minutes, virtual)
Ready to apply? Just click on the link below…