WORK WITH US
UI / UX Designer
Austin, TX / Remote
Voted a Best Place to Work in Texas 4 consecutive years, Praxent is a full-service digital consultancy that values people and interactions over processes and tools.
We work closely with our customers to brainstorm, develop, and deliver creative software solutions. At Praxent, you will enjoy the freedom to do the work you love while working in a casual environment with people who genuinely care about the quality and impact of their work. Praxent is family-friendly with virtually no travel, flexible scheduling, and occasional telecommuting.
We partner with growing companies to unlock the dormant potential within their organizations through technology, delivered reliably with exemplary service and support.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
You are responsible for crafting compelling visual designs for our projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. You elevate our team to a new level in terms of product design quality by increasing our capacity to produce simple and highly-usable digital products. Because of you, our product design work attracts prospective customers and new hires.
“Customers will never love a company
until the employees love it first.”
– Simon Sinek
The Ideal Candidate
- You enjoy being challenged to provide best-in-class designs within constraints.
- You are proactive, detail oriented, consistent and confident.
- You are a design geek who gets excited to share what you know, in an unbiased, productive manner.
- You are a clear communicator and storyteller, who enjoys the challenge of finding the best solution to wicked problems.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you, respecting that big changes take time.
- Deliver design solutions within technical, creative, and budgetary constraints.
- Create visually-compelling user interfaces that create value for the company and our customers.
- Deliver friendly, proactive and dependable client service.
- Contribute to elevating Praxent’s brand presence.
- Influence the best practices and growth of the design team.
- Technical mastery – 4+ years experience as a UI designer, UX designer, product designer, or related role.
- Service attitude – Always places clients first, showing genuine concern for their success and satisfaction.
- Organization & planning – Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments – Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
- High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Proactivity – Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company and clients.
- Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Fostering Teamwork – As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
Who Should Apply
- Mac OS X proficiency is required and experience with design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Ability and desire to justify design decisions and design best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well in an agency environment and be able to get the job done.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Company benefits include: paid time off (vacation, public holidays & sick leave), health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, parental leave, company-wide professional development fund, IRA with company match, weekly catered lunch, flexible scheduling, occasional telecommuting and a casual work environment.
Think you might be the perfect fit?
Praxent was founded 19 years ago and our leadership team has a collective 39 years of experience.
We love our clients and our team and we plan to grow responsibly so that we can continue doing good work with great people.
Founder + CEO
Having founded Praxent over sixteen years ago, Tim is actively involved in the strategy and operation of the firm with a passion for perfecting the process of software development and building a world-class culture. With degrees in MIS and Economics from UT Austin, Tim has extensive experience with enterprise IT and business management.
With more than twenty-three years of experience delivering business software solutions for more than 150 organizations, Kevin is responsible for the delivery of our innovative web and mobile-based software solutions. He provides strategic and technical oversight to all client engagements to ensure we develop quality products and deliver exemplary client experiences.
Curious about our team?
We host a weekly team huddle grounded in transparency and communication: we give financial and recruiting updates, share both the wins and struggles of current projects, unite around quarterly themes, and “cheers” individuals for their accomplishments.
We believe “fun” and “work” can be synonymous… team members venture out for Burger Friday, we relax at Praxent Socials, family members join quarterly celebrations, and we shut out the world to flex our creative muscles at hackathons.