Web-based sales enablement tool generates $80 million in new sales for clean energy leasing firm
A Bright Idea for Selling Solar Simply
For homeowners, the high upfront costs of purchasing a solar energy system can make recouping the investment seem like a far-off dream. And that makes it a tough sell for companies that install residential solar systems.
So the founders of NRG SunLease had a bold, bright idea: provide a customer financing platform for solar contractors so homeowners could start realizing the cost savings immediately.
They envisioned a system that simplified the incredible complexity of estimating a solar installation—taking into account everything from the size and pitch of a home’s roof, to local tax laws, to the angle of the sun at different times of year—while outputting straightforward financing options that showed homeowners the actual benefits they could expect. And they asked us to build it.
A Shining Success
Starting with only their idea, we built NRG SunLease a cloud-based portal for generating estimates and processing financing applications. It made creating customized solar installation bids incredibly quick and easy for sales reps. The instant results offered homeowners easy-to-understand financing options in a professional looking package.
Within a year of launch, thousands of independent reps were using NRG SunLease’s system and closing sales at a rate well above the industry average. For an industry that’s faced a lot of hurdles, NRG SunLease’s idea provided a real bright spot.
NRG SunLease transformed themselves from a concept into a successful company. The technological realization of their bright idea delivered:
- A business engine that expedited, managed and processed all transactions
- Real time results that established instant credibility, which was critical for this entirely new kind of business
- Analytics that used growing streams of data to automatically fine-tune the sales process, increasing the company’s value to their customers
- The enviable opportunity to achieve business success while advancing a societal good
- A conduit to customers that responded to their needs while driving the cost of acquiring new business to zero
ClickModel Prototyping Overview
Discover everything you want to know:
- What is ClickModel
- Why Prototype the User Experience
- Key Benefits of a ClickModel Engagement
- Estimating the “Cone of Uncertainty”
- ClickModel Examples