CUSTOM REAL ESTATE PLATFORM
Empowering access to dream homes without the hassle
Home renovation is challenging, expensive and extremely time consuming. For this reason, finding an older home that has already been refurbished to high standards is most buyers’ dream-come-true. The problem is that it’s also extremely rare, and an accessible, dependable process for finding high-quality refurbished homes is non-existent. Until now.
Design, build and launch a custom platform that allows prospective home buyers to digitally search, buy and close on high-end refurbished houses.
- React responsive web app
- Custom HTML, CSS
- Azure cloud hosting
- .NET backend, API development
- Autho0 authentication
- Product Design
- Custom Software Dev
- Solution Architecture
- Launch Planning
- Roadmap Prioritization
The right partner for a high-risk investment in disruptive technology
Confident that the homes would sell themselves, Amherst knew that the success of Bungalo Homes hinged on the tech and design quality of the digital platform.
Their risk in launching Bungalo Homes was significant: not only were they paying for the creation of a sizeable e-commerce web application, they were also investing in the inventory for that application. Bungalo Homes would shoulder the risk of acquiring, refurbishing and brokering the homes to be sold on the platform. The success of their digital home-buying idea depended on perfect execution of the app. If their product development partner failed to come through on technology, Bungalo Homes would have to suffer the loss and start over or give up on their dreams of disrupting the real estate industry.
Amherst interviewed 12 different custom software companies
Amherst interviewed 12 different custom software companies for the design and build of the Bungalo Homes platform, including an incumbent firm that had worked with them in the past. Praxent stood out as a clear winner in the following areas that were crucial to success of the project:
- Adequate bandwidth to handle a big project with a serious timeline
- Proven expertise in web services and designing complex responsive web applications Ability to deliver on both development and design in an integrated fashion
- Exhibiting the maturity and experience level to work effectively with the client’s internal legacy software where needed
- The experience and maturity to collaborate with a third-party branding agency on visual components of the digital product
- Business and technology acumen to temporarily fill the role of CTO on the Bungalo Homes project, making big-picture decisions about solution architecture
- A consultative style of service, allowing the client to rest easy knowing the project is in good hands