WORK WITH US
December 2018 – Austin, TX
Named a Best Company to Work For in Texas every year 2015-2018, Praxent is a full-service digital consultancy that values people and interactions over processes and tools. We work closely with our customers to brainstorm, design, validate, develop, and deliver creative software solutions.
At Praxent, you will enjoy the freedom to do the work you love while working in a casual environment with people who genuinely care about the quality and impact of their work. Praxent is family-friendly with virtually no travel, flexible scheduling, and occasional telecommuting.
We partner with growing companies to unlock the dormant potential within their organizations through technology, delivered reliably with exemplary service and support.
You are responsible for delivering technical solutions, designs, and estimation for clients in a fast-paced, innovative, and highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with your fellow team members and mission leads to estimate effort and implement technical solutions that deliver rapid customer value with frequent, iterative releases. You provide regular input on ways to improve our agile delivery process, architecture practices, and code quality. Because of you, we exceed the commitments we make to our clients.
“Customers will never love a company
until the employees love it first.”
– Simon Sinek
The Ideal Candidate
- Assist business in the scoping and estimation of sales initiatives
- Produce conceptual, logical architecture, with accompanying technical artifacts
- Provide internal and external consultation on technical, non-functional design
- Drive the team in engineering best-practices, including test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Provide mentorship and coaching to technical team members, including code reviews
- Lead and assist the team in helping to develop the solution
- Works with Engagement Leads to align the roadmap with risks and opportunities within the technical solution
- Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with services and platforms
- You are an enthusiastic and hungry engineer, capable of implementing changes at all layers of the software stack including database, services, and user interfaces. You care about implementing polished web experiences across multiple form factors.
- You have implemented whole features while working with other engineers.
- You have a history of successfully estimating large complex projects and leading teams to deliver on time and on budget.
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
- Service attitude – Always places clients first, showing genuine concern for their success and satisfaction.
- Follow-through on commitments – Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Work ethic – Possesses a genuine interest in learning and a passion for success. Able to work hard and to get the job done.
- High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Always seeking continuous improvement of self, team, company, and client.
- Communication – Commands excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proactivity – Acts without being told what to do. Expresses ideas to the team and clients. Drives for results and demonstrates intention-based decision making.
- Efficiency – Able to produce without waste, attention to detail results in producing the correct work the first time around.
- Fostering Teamwork – Willing and able to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Humble – Able to follow direction and learn from mistakes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in software architecture
- Experience defining the architecture of cloud-deployed applications (AWS and Azure preferred)
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes or other similar tooling
- Experience defining and driving DevOps/SysOps best practices within small or large teams
- Experience building service-oriented applications at enterprise scale
- Experience leading teams toward continuous delivery
- Expert knowledge of database design and data architecture
- Experience mentoring small teams of engineers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Previous development firm/agency environment.
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Who Should Apply
- History of effective software product leadership in professional services organizations and/or complex enterprise environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well in an agency environment and be able to get the job done.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment.
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Company benefits include: paid time off (vacation, public holidays & sick leave), health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, parental leave, company-wide professional development fund, IRA with company match, weekly catered lunch, flexible scheduling, occasional telecommuting and a casual work environment.
Think you might be the perfect fit?
Praxent was founded 18 years ago and our leadership team has a collective 39 years of experience.
We love our clients and our team and we plan to grow responsibly so that we can continue doing good work with great people.
Founder + CEO
Having founded Praxent over sixteen years ago, Tim is actively involved in the strategy and operation of the firm with a passion for perfecting the process of software development and building a world-class culture. With degrees in MIS and Economics from UT Austin, Tim has extensive experience with enterprise IT and business management.
With more than twenty-three years of experience delivering business software solutions for more than 150 organizations, Kevin is responsible for the delivery of our innovative web and mobile-based software solutions. He provides strategic and technical oversight to all client engagements to ensure we develop quality products and deliver exemplary client experiences.
Curious about our team?
We host a weekly team huddle grounded in transparency and communication: we give financial and recruiting updates, share both the wins and struggles of current projects, unite around quarterly themes, and “cheers” individuals for their accomplishments.
We believe “fun” and “work” can be synonymous… team members venture out for Burger Friday, we relax at Praxent Socials, family members join quarterly celebrations, and we shut out the world to flex our creative muscles at hackathons.