Now Hiring: Backend Engineer (NodeJS / TypeScript)
Who You’ll Work With
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about our upcoming opportunity! We’re excited to share as much information as we can to help ensure mutual fit and mutual trust…
We’re here to offer you a different kind of workday. A day where you can tackle new and exciting problems every time you walk into the office. A day where you don’t have to walk into the office at all. A day where you can work at home or at your favorite coffee shop or in the middle of a snowstorm. As long as you’re bringing your bright ideas, and bringing those ideas to life, we want to work with you. Wherever you are.
Want to learn more about our award-winning culture?
Working at Praxent, Remote Culture
Technology Expertise, How We Employ Cutting Edge Thinking
How We’ll Ensure Mutual Fit
So that you can be confident in a great, mutual fit… here are the steps that take place in our interview process.
STEP 1 – RECRUITING CONSULT
Meet with our recruiting team to discuss the role, your interests, your skills, and your potential success (20 minutes, virtual)
STEP 2 – TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
A collaborative discussion about some of the concepts that our engineering team encounters. It’ll help our team get a good sense of your abilities and your opportunity to assess your alignment with our philosophies. (60-90 minutes, virtual)
STEP 3 – FOCUSED INTERVIEW
A final conversation with the team that you’ll be working with to establish mutual trust and ensure a mutual fit. (60-90 minutes, virtual)
Now Let’s Talk About You…
What Would You Like to Change?
At Praxent, we know you want to be a valued team member who is doing their best work and growing professionally every day. We understand your need to be appreciated and challenged. Which is why we’ve developed an award-winning culture over the past 20 years that allows individuals to feel highly valued and happy, all while doing their best work.
THE WAY YOU WORK
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way, all with a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
Who You Are
- An enthusiastic and hungry developer, capable of implementing changes at all layers of the software stack including database, services, and user interfaces.
- You care about implementing polished web experiences across multiple form factors.
- You have implemented whole features while working with an architect or senior developer.
- You have estimated work before, and can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
What You’ll Do
- Write high quality, functioning, performant and enduring code.
- Work on agile-scrum project teams to deliver software features and enhancements.
- Work alongside developers, testers, designers and product managers develop, debug, and test software for completeness, accuracy and integrity.
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and define elegant solutions to software and business problems.
- Collaborate within and between teams to identify, define and document non-functional requirements.
- Build your skill-set in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
We’d Love To Hear From You If
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years experience in a systems administrator or DevOps role. Proficiency in AWS Lambda and Elasticsearch preferred.
- 3+ experience in at least one backend scripting language (i.e., Python, Node, PHP, Java, C#).
- Expert on Linux/Unix command line.
- Experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Previous development firm/agency environment preferred.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Stability. We’ve been in business for over 20 years.
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. You’ll get 12 days of paid time off after your first three months; we also observe your country of residence holiday schedule.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Relaxathon. A few times per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
Ready to apply? Just click on the link below…